This course will provide the attendee with a basic understanding of the components of a wood cell wall and how wood can be modified. This course will cover the differences between thermally modified wood (TMW) and other modification methods as well as the results of thermal modification of the structure, performance, and appearance of the wood. It will also dive into the history and development of the ThermoWood process and applications of TMW.
- Identify many types of wood modification with an emphasis on TMW
- Discuss the ThermoWood process and the features and benefits realized
- Understand applications for TMW
- Display an understanding of how TMW can contribute to LEED objectives
- Gain knowledge of CSI standard specification for thermally modified wood products
Mid-Atlantic Sales Manager, CaraGreen