CANstruction 2023 will take place at the National Building Museum November 19 - 27.
CANstruction 2023 Timeline:
*some dates are subject to change*
- May 1 - August 25 - Registration
- June 5 - Kickoff Meeting, 12:00-1:30pm
- August 28 - Concept Submission
- September 13 - Food Orders Due
- October 16 - Team Poster Details
- November 19 - BUILD! (Noon – 6 pm)
- November 20 - Jury Deliberations
- November 27 - DeCanstruction & Awards (Noon)
Canstruction is a nationwide program that aims to raise awareness about hunger. In DC, Canstruction is organized by the Washington Architectural Foundation as a creative design-build competition that benefits the Capital Area Food Bank through donations of canned goods. Teams from architecture and design firms from Washington, DC use their skills to build sculptures out of cans of food. The nutritious shelf-stable food is donated to the CAFB for distribution to those in need after the event.