Become an Assoc. AIA member and instantly expand your network of like-minded peers, experts and potential employers by almost 88,000–a valuable professional resource to draw upon, and a powerful, collective voice to advocate for a stronger economic climate for architects nationwide. AIA membership is an essential investment in your own future at every stage of your career.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as a member:
- Access a peer network of more than 87,000 national members and more than 2,100 at the AIA|DC local level.
- Signify that as an Assoc. AIA architect you adhere to a professional code of ethics and share a common goal to build better world.
- Attending monthly Mentoring Workshops, sponsored by AIA|DC’s Emerging Architects Committee. You’ll find network with your peers and discuss topics most important to your career.
- Intern Development Program (IDP) help
- AIA CES Discovery helps you track your continuing education credits and IDP hours.
- Architectural Registration Exam® (ARE) Prep 4.0 and 5.0 study groups, plus our ARE Prep material library is also available for an entire month of use.
- Supplement your architectural training by becoming a Christopher Kelley Leadership Development Program (CKLDP) scholar. This highly selective program was developed to train and nurture the next generation of leaders.
- AIA|DC offers more than 100 continuing education programs each year. These highly rated programs offer peer-to-peer discussions, networking and best practices that are essential to your career.
- More than 25 AIA Knowledge Communities at the national level; professional interest groups that enable like-minded groups of colleagues to share your interests and ideas.
- Subscriptions to ArchitectureDC Magazine, AIA|DC News, Newsflash e-newsletter, ARCHITECT, the official magazine of the AIA, and more.
- Post your resume or search for just the right job on the AIA|DC Career Center at on the AIA Job Board at National level.
- AIA Advantage offers discounts on products and services such as shipping, technology, software, banking, and more.