DesignDC 2021, Reboot and Rebound, will take place virtually on September 21 & 22.
Call for Proposals Deadline: March 15
Please submit one proposal form for each presentation or virtual tour. You are welcome to submit multiple proposals.
Classroom presentations and virtual tours are 90 minutes in length. This includes time for Q&A. All sessions should have ~75 minutes of content and allow for ~15 minutes of Q&A.
Sessions will be pre-recorded and then aired during the conference, with live Q&A at the end of the session. By submitting a proposal, you agree to have your session pre-recorded with AIA|DC staff, between May 1 and August 1, 2021, AND be present for a live Q&A during the virtual conference.
All presenters will receive complimentary conference registration.
Presenters/tour leaders are not required to be members of DesignDC host organizations.
The entry form requires the following information:
- Four Learning Objectives
- Speaker Biographies and Contact Information
- Description of how the session fits the theme
- Optional: Photo for Advertising
Please save a copy of your proposal information for your records.
Conference Theme: Reboot and Rebound
Meeting the challenges of climate change, a regional housing crisis, and a strained economy has never been more urgent. To Reboot and Rebound, architects and designers have a unique and important role in shaping the future of the region.
DesignDC 2021 will give attendees the tools and solutions they need for comprehensive design strategies that integrate all aspects of resiliency to bring back the built environment stronger than ever. Priority will be given to proposals that address:
- Strategies for renewal to remedy the region’s social and economic challenges as we emerge from Covid-19
- Sustainable and equitable solutions to accommodate the District’s projected population growth while maintaining quality and affordability for those who need it most
- Strengthening existing neighborhoods and Main Streets to be vibrant and walkable
- Support of the Mayor’s plan to provide 36,000 new housing units by 2025, distributed through all eight wards, with 12,000 new or preserved affordable units
Proposals are due by Monday, March 15th, at 11:59pm.
Please note: You will receive a confirmation email when your proposal is received. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a confirmation.
Questions? Contact AIA|DC at email@example.com