Friday, March 13 2020
This course provides a detailed overview of the wooden flush door construction method and industry standards when considering a modern flush door. It gives participants an understanding of how flush doors pperform and function, fit into the modern movement, and add an element of design to any modern home. This session covers:
- Construction of hollow core, solid core and planked flush doors
- Appropriate core selection
- Appropriate veneer selection
- Performance levels of flush doors and duty cycles
- Aesthetics and finishing of flush doors
- Function of flush doors
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the environmental impact of flush doors vs. alternative designs;
- Describe the impact of durable materials on the circular economy and sustainability;
- Describe appropriate low-veneer VOCs; and
- Describe the energy efficiency and performance levels of flush doors and duty cycles.
Presented by: Upstate Door
License renewal is upon us! Have you completed your Mandatory Continuing Education Requirement?
By April 30th, licensed architects in the District of Columbia must accumulate at least 24.0 HSW|LUs in order to remain licensed. This total must have been acquired since the last renewal period ended in April 2018. Transcript not quite up to snuff? Join us March 11-13 during Procrastinator's Week at the District Architecture Center.