Wednesday, February 22 2023
8:30am - 4:00pm
Co-hosted by the American Institute of Architects DC and the George Mason University Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship.
The pandemic continues to disrupt how we work and what we expect from our work environment. These changes have brought uncertainty to the office market, rethinking of workspace design and building use, and challenges to the vitality of business centers and urban environments. Join us for a day of discussion and education on these critical trends for commercial real estate.
Doors will open at 8:30am, with programming beginning at 9:00am.
Reimagining the Post-Pandemic Economic Future
Ben Safran - Partner, McKinsey & Company
The Changing Nature of Work
- Sarah Benzcik - Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Sarah Smith - Senior Manager, Future of Work, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Design and the Future of Work
- Kimberly Sullivan - Principal and Co-Studio Director, Gensler
What Does Hybrid Work Mean For Retail
- Gautham Vadakkepatt - Director, Center for Retail Transformation,George Mason University School of Business
- Gary Rappaport - Chief Executive Office, Rappaport Companies
- Victor Albisu - Chef and Restauranteur, Taco Bamba
- Andrew Graham, AIA, NCARB - Senior Technical Director, LEO A DALY
Adaptive Residential Redevelopment of Obsolete Office Buildings
Jeff Goins - Partner, PNG Architects
- Eric Maribojoc - Director, Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship, George Mason University School of Business
- Liz Price - Vice President, Real Estate and Parking, WMATA
- Sarosh Olpadwala - Director of Real Estate, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning & Economic Development
- Ella Faulkner - Vice President of Planning + Economic Development, Downtown BID