Tuesday, December 13 2022
6:00pm - 7:00pm
The Design Excellence Committee is a group of architects and designers who educate, recognize and promote design excellence to Chapter members and the community. Our committee does this through events, competitions, lectures, and awards programs. We invite and encourage participation from anyone interested in the field of architecture and design, and we are constantly broadening our reach and creating new outlets to share the excellent design work of our community.
- AIA DC Chapter Awards: The goal of the Design Excellence Committee is to continue our progress in illuminating the chapter's awards programs though better recognition and celebration
- DEC will be planning to meet the following goals:
- 2022 Chapter Awards Jury: Plan and organize an in-person jury to be held at the DAC. We will work with the DAC executive staff to help plan and organize the jurors travel and itinerary while in Washington DC.
- Participate in presenting the award/jury guidelines and evaluation recommendations to the Chapter Awards Jury.
- To participate in the presentation of the Jury introductions and Chapter Award
- To work with the DAC on insuring that all Chapter Award programs include "Jury Feedback" or virtual jury roundtable.