Thursday, April 15 2021
5:00pm - 5:00pm
Awarded each year, the AIA|DC and the Washington Architectural Foundation are proud to provide the Barbara G. Laurie Scholarship for DC high school students entering undergraduate architecture programs.
One multi-year scholarship will be awarded annually. Each scholarship will be $5,000 per year to go toward tuition. If the student maintains a good grade point average and remains in the architecture program, the student will receive $5,000 each subsequent year until graduation.
All applicants must be residents of the District of Columbia and either:
- completing high school in a public, charter, or private school in the District or the surrounding region and entering a degree program at a school of architecture as a college freshman in Fall 2021 OR
- currently a technical school or community college student, who has completed high school, and will transfer to a degree program in architecture in Fall 2021
You'll be required to upload the following documents:
1. An application form;
2. A transcript of all high school and college records;
3. Copy of SAT, ACT, or other exam scores;
4. Acceptance letter from an architecture program;
5. A personal statement outlining your interest, experience, and plans related to architecture and an outline of extracurricular activities;
6. A school budget and financial information; and,
7. One free-hand drawing of an 8.5 x 11 page, depicting and subject, but not a computer aided design or floor plan.
Please note: Applicants should prepare all responses in advance, to avoid losing unsaved work.
Scholarship applications and all attachments must be received no later than Thursday, April 15th, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The 2021 recipient will be notified in early May.
Supported by the AIA|DC Fellows Public Programs Committee.
WAF programs are supported in part by the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities.