Friday, July 17 2020
The AIA|DC Emerging Architects Committee presents the seventh annual Thesis
Showcase for emerging professionals to present their architectural thesis to
practitioners from around the DC area - this time, we’re virtual!
This program aims to bridge the gap between recent graduates and practicing
architects by providing an opportunity for practitioners to view a sample of
work emerging from architecture schools. Four presenters will be selected to
speak for 10 minutes each, after which a moderator will solicit questions
from the audience to facilitate a conversation that draws connections between
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) or Master of Architecture (M.Arch) degree from any NAAB accredited program.
- Applicants must have graduated in 2018 or later.
- Applicants must have completed a thesis or capstone project.
To be considered for this opportunity:
- Download the Submission Files to access the template file, logos, and fonts. Upload a PDF and InDesign document to the online submission that features images and supplemental information to illustrate the thesis. Document should be formatted on a single 30”x42” board using the provided template and no larger than 10MB.
- Submit the online application form The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday, July 17th, 2020. Selected speakers will be notified in early August.
- The Thesis Showcase event will be held on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 from 6pm-8pm virtually via Zoom.
- Selected presenters must be able to attend the event via Zoom. The Emerging Architects Committee reserves the right to select an alternate if a presenter is unable to attend.
- Presenters will be encouraged to call in to Zoom at 5:45pm on the day of the event to prepare for the presentation.
Organized by: AIA|DC Emerging Architects Committee