Friday, November 20 2020-Friday, December 04 2020
Need a distraction? Let’s exercise our design muscles on a quick charrette!
AIA|DC EAC in partnership with the AIA|DC Board is sponsoring a design charrette to create an award object to thank the Chapter’s Affiliates for 15 years of membership. Our theme is to celebrate DC Architecture and Partnership.
Submission Requirements are as follows:
The award object is to be 3D printable and formatted to the following requirements:
- Fit within bed size 8 X 6 X 6 inches
- File must be exported and submitted as an OBJ
- 0.3mm precision and layer height, 0.8mm minimum wall thickness
- Avoid overhangs when possible, limit overhang angles smaller than 45 degrees
- Material to be used is most likely PLA
- Must include a “plaque” to allow for awardee customization
Submit up to (3) 11x17 pdfs documenting the design concept for the award object and the OBJ file for reference.The submission must include at least one plan, elevation, and perspective of the object.
Deadline for submission: December 4, 2020
Click Here to Enter: https://form.jotform.com/203094372245048