Monday, June 10 2019
And the winner is...
To encourage excellence in local residential architecture, the Washingtonian magazine and AIA|DC present the annual Washingtonian Residential Design Awards Program. Distinctive residential projects, regardless of size or classification, will be recognized on the basis of excellence in total design, including aesthetics, programmatic response, and sustainability. Public attention and acclaim will be focused on the winning submissions through coverage in the Washingtonian and in ArchitectureDC.
Join us as we welcome our 2019 Jury:
- David Leven, AIA - LevenBetts, NYC
- Richard Buchanan, AIA - Archer Buchanan, West Chester, PA
- Anne Fougeron, FAIA - Fougeron Architecture, San Francisco
At this roundtable, the jury members will present and discuss their selections while offering insight into building effective competition submissions for your independant projects or the work of your firm.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore, create and complete and compelling award submission;
- Discuss how awards are given based on multiple design criteria, including sustainability, universal design, and healthy design;
- Explain and list deciding factors jurors look for in architecture, interior architecture, historic resources/preservation, and urban design and master planning awards; and
- Explore how design varies across the country, and how regions influence sustainable and active design considerations.