Tuesday, April 16 2019 to Friday, June 28 2019
The AIA|DC Emerging Architects Committee presents the Sixth Annual Thesis Showcase for emerging professionals to present their architectural thesis to practitioners from around the DC area.
This program aims to bridge the gap between recent graduates and practicing architects by providing an opportunity for practitioners to view a sample of work emerging from architecture schools. Four presenters will be selected to speak for 10 minutes each, after which a moderator will solicit questions from the audience to facilitate a conversation that draws connections between thesis projects. Before and after the presentations there will be a networking reception with opportunities for conversation between the presenters and attendees.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) or Master of Architecture (M.Arch) degree from any NAAB accredited program
- Applicants must have graduated in Fall 2016 or later
- Applicants must have completed a thesis or capstone project
To be considered for this opportunity:
- Submit the online application form
- Upload a PDF document to the online submission that features images and supplemental information to illustrate the thesis. Document should be formatted at 11"x17" and be no longer than 2 pages and no larger than 4MB.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday, June 28th. Selected speakers will be notified in mid-July.
- The Thesis Showcase event will be held on Tuesday, September 3rd from 6pm-8pm at the District Architecture Center. The address is 421 7th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004.
- Selected presenters must be able to attend the event in person. The Emerging Architects Committee reserves the right to select an alternate if a presenter is unable to attend.
- Presenters must cover all travel expenses themselves.
- Presenters will be encouraged to arrive between 5:15pm and 5:30pm to set up.
- A computer and projector will be provided for display of slideshows and video. Presenters should bring their files on a USB drive.
Presenters are also invited to bring models, printed boards, or other material to use as part of their presentations and to display during the reception.
Organized by: AIA|DC Emerging Architects Commitee