Apply to give a presentation or tour here.
Deadline for submissions is March 5th at 5:00pm.
This year’s DesignDC conference theme is Constructing an Equitable Future. The conference will analyze the role of architects, interior designers, engineers, contractors, planners, landscape architects, and developers in creating working, playing, and living spaces open to all regardless of ability, income-level, or age.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Affordable housing
- Designing for the differently-abled or aging populations
- Creating healthier, more resilient, places to live, work and play
- Practice and project management
- New tools and strategies including data mining and virtual reality technology
Proposals can range from buildings to interiors and urban plans to landscapes. They can be about in-firm solutions, project goals, or concerns on a regional or global scale. Preference will be given to those presentations that best fit the theme. The DesignDC Committee is particularly interested in case studies in the region, local partnerships, and topics relevant to the Mid-Atlantic.
DesignDC is the premier regional conference focused on the unique challenges posed by working in Metropolitan Washington for architects, interior designers, engineers, contractors, planners, landscape architects, and developers in the DC Metropolitan area. This three-day conference features two days of educational sessions and trade show exhibits at the Washington Convention Center, and a third day full of opportunities to tour projects across DC, MD, and VA. Earn AIA, GBCI, AICP, IIDA, and LACES credits at all three days of DesignDC.
AIA|DC, AIA Potomac Valley, AIA Northern Virginia, the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the International Interior Design Association (IIDA - MAC), the National Capital Area Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA - NCAC), and the Potomac Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects
AIA Baltimore; AIA Maryland; Association for Preservation Technology International, Washington, D.C., Chapter (APT DC); American Society of Interior Designers Washington Metro Chapter (ASID); Maryland Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (MDASLA); US Green Building Council - National Capital Region (USGBC-NCR); NAIOP Maryland/DC; ULI Washington
* Member pricing applies to the following organizations: The AIA including AIA|DC, AIA Potomac Valley, AIA Northern Virginia; the IIDA, including the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the International Interior Design Association (IIDA - MAC); the APA, including the National Capital Area Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA - NCAC); and the ASLA, including the Potomac Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects
Dates, times and instructors are subject to change at the discretion of DesignDC. If you cannot attend a rescheduled event, a credit may be offered towards a future registration. Events cancelled by DesignDC will be refunded.