The mission of UD|DC is to improve the quality of cities and people's lives through the engagement, promotion, and advocacy of Urban Design thinking across actors in city making.
The UD Committee explores big ideas about cities. Planning, transit, landscape, policy, architecture, and design would be common themes of regular lectures, panels, tours, and discussions.
1. Create a Forum to engage other organizations in Urban Design.
2. Raise Public Awareness of the value of Urban Design.
3. Promote Visionary Thinking about the future of cities.
4. Advocate for Public Policy that promotes livability, spatial equity, and environmental stewardship.
5. Develop Allies among architects, planners, landscape architects, stakeholders, and policymakers.
Although meetings are usually held from 6:30-7:30pm, at Wiencek+Associates, 1100 Vermont Ave. NW, 8th floor, Washington DC, 20005, this has changed in light of public health concerns, and we ask that you check the meeting page to find information to attend meetings virtually.
See the calendar for upcoming meeting dates.