The mission of the AIA|DC Technology Committee is to expand the knowledge base of the AEC industry with respect to the use of technology. We believe that great architecture and communities arise from an institutional understanding of how the built environment affects both the individual and the collective, and we assert that technology has an important role to play in that understanding. We believe that great spaces result from a collaborative consideration of environment, constructability and affect, and we assert that technology is vital toward that consideration. As technology continues to evolve, the AIA|DCTC will become an agent of transformation for the building industry, encouraging architects, engineers, contractors, and owners to design, build, and occupy better cities.
Through a carefully curated series of events, the DCTC aims to:
- create a local clearinghouse of internationally recognized knowledge and expertise in technology across a range of design technologies.
- create a forum for the discussion of ideas and best practices
- foster better communication between disciplines in the AEC industry
- help architects and related AEC professionals in Washington use new technologies to design, build, & occupy better buildings faster with less risk and greater profits.
- identify and exploit advances in at-large technology that have not yet infiltrated the industry
For more information, visit the Technology Committee's website: aiadctech.com