The AIA|DC Emerging Architects Committee (EAC) promotes education, leadership development, and community involvement among emerging architects, Associate AIA members, and architects licensed 10 years or less. We encourage the next generation of architects to start leading our community by heading committees, organizing events, participating in workshops, and attending our events.
Broaden the monthly committee agenda to include not only event planning efforts, but also discussions about ideas, trends, and important topics.
Focus on our committee objectives: ADVOCATE, MENTOR, PROVOKE and OUTREACH.
Encourage community and collaboration within the committee and emerging professionals in our region.
- ADVOCATES through committee representation on the AIA National Associates Committee and Young Architects Forum;
- PROVOKES discussions about the profession through the annual Architecture Uncensored series;
- MENTORS emerging architects through bimonthly Mentoring Workshop series, an annual Resume & Portfolio Workshop, and the year-long Christopher Kelley Leadership Development Program;
- and encourages OUTREACH with the building industry through joint events with AIA NOVA’s Young Architects Forum, the Structural Engineers Association of Metropolitan Washington’s Young Members Group (SEAMW-YMG), and the DCBIA’s Young Leader’s Committee.
All committee members and interested newcomers are encouraged to attend the EAC Open Discussions:
- Scheduled for the second Wednesday of each month, from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Will be held virtually on the AIA|DC Zoom Account.
- Free and open to all.
The EAC has a variety of sponsorship opportunities available. Contact Sarah Wahlgren Wingo, AIA, for details!