The AIADC Committee on Architecture for Education (AIA|DC CAE) is a forum to gather a broad range of stakeholders (designers, builders, learners, educators, administrators, and the public) interested in the design of great educational environments.
- Work in partnership with neighboring AIA CAE groups in Baltimore and Northern Virginia, hosting joint events.
- Continue to structure events for a more virtual world, and focus on fewer quality events rather than frequent events.
- Expert panels to share knowledge within the industry
- "On the boards" event
- Other knowledge-sharing and outreach opportunities
- Possible building tours (or virtual tours)
- Update committee contacts mailing list.
- Recruit new members to participate in the committee, and diversify the firm representation and non‐architect membership.
- Expand the committee to include representation and involvement from additional leading education design firms in the DC region. The AIA DC Board Liaison may be able to assist us in growing the core planning group. This will ensure the future viability and health of the committee.
Please see the AIADC calendar for the Committee on Architecture for Education's monthly meetings and other events.