AIA|DC’s Advocacy Committee is focused on three areas of interest: representing members in professional matters within our local community; interfacing with AIA National’s advocacy agenda; and understanding how architects can contribute to quality of life issues in our city.
- To establish an ADVOCACY resource within the AIA|DC website that is reflective of the national AIA Advocacy structure: https://www.aia.org/pages/6223926-aia-advocacy.
- Establish virtual (remote) ANC Training Sessions; possibly reformat for other Civic organizations.
- Impact + Opportunities: DC Initiatives on Affordable Housing.
- Continue Outreach to DCRA on efforts to streamline the Building Permit Application and Review process.
- Teaming-up with other AIADC Committees to advance common goals and goals set forth by the AIA|DC Board.
See the AIADC calendar for committee meetings and other events.